Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Farmer's Wife and Sylvia

So, have you heard about the Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-Long. You know, the one that everyone is doing. I mean everyone. Moda Lissa, Camille at Thimbleblossoms, and of course the creators of the quilt along, Angela and Amanda (http://fussycut.blogspot.com/p/shop.html and http://msmcporkchopquilts.com/?p=1138). I have been waiting to start my farmer's wife until I finished my Sylvia's bridal sampler quilt by Jennifer Chavarreni (not sure that is spelled correctly, and I am a bit too lazy to check on it at the moment).

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt is a collection of 130 - 6" blocks, about 80% traditional pieced, 10% applique and 10% paper pieced. So, in an effort to get Sylvia finished and the Farmer's Wife done, I'm going to try to get these done each week, and keep up. SO, wish me luck...

Here are the first 5 blocks from Sylvia's....now to get to work on the Farmer's Wife....oh, and work on a curriculum for EQ, and some supply lists....yeah, this never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment