Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quilt Fiesta, part deux

I promised to post some pictures of the quilts from the Tucson show...there were so many amazing ones, but I could only pick a few...so here they are....I originally thought that there were 4 from Judy Niemeyer's collection of patterns, and then I found a fifth (unfortunately, I was SO excited that I forgot to get the info on the creator)....so, here they are....

An adaptation of Misty Mountain Pond, done in the colors of fall...dark greens, browns, and a bit of orange. This one was simply stunning.
"The Lake Stella Quilt" by Annette Meyer

 The second was a version of Sea Urchins by Jo Getchen.
"Underwater Waltz" by Jo Getchen


A version of Arrowhead Crossing, which I forgot to get the details for....OOPS!
 
A version of Indian Summer which had a custom border treatment.
"Desert Song" by JoAnn Hinchliffe

A version of Stepping Stones made for a cabin in Maine (in case you were wondering, we were in Tucson, Arizona....).

And last.....a version of the Hawaiian Star that was simply stunning. The judges agreed with me. I love the way the flying geese color change on the border. There were 61 fabrics used in the geese alone to make it work. Great Job!

Well, that is Judy show from Tucson.....in case anyone is wondering how they have SO many Judy quilts in their show, it is because they have a certified shop-- The Quilter's Market at http://www.thequiltersmarket.com/ or 7601 E. Speedway Blvd, Tuscon, AZ 85710. You can find info about their schedule of classes at http://quiltworx.com/certifiedshops/shop/shop.php?tchShop=quiltersmarket . Judy will be visiting in Arizona from February 22nd-27th, so check in and see if there are any available slots.

No comments:

Post a Comment