Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wednesday Review - where I go on a cleaning rant.....

Well folks, it has been a wild week. I was involved in my first ever court deposition. It was weird. Obviously, I can't talk about it other than to say it was a learning experience. Don't worry, it's nothing about me, it's for a former employer. It was quite weird to see how the legal system in our country really works. I've never really gotten to see any of it before. With so many family members in law enforcement, I have never ever been on a jury, even though I sign up and show up for jury duty every time they ask me to. I always just get a day off, since I always get disqualified. So it was refreshing to see how it works behind the scenes. And long, it was an entire day worth of documents to review.

I spent this morning working on cleaning and clearing out the sewing room, I'm on a mission to really get it organized and get rid of a bunch of stuff that I just don't love anymore. And at the same time get it really organized. It's funny how the more you organize the more you feel the need to. The more you purge the more you need to purge. I know that sounds totally weird, but it is true.

I really haven't done much sewing this week, I've been really busy working on a bunch of house projects. Prepping a wall for paint, painting, cleaning out the garage, planning dinners and lunches for September, purging books from the library. All items that I seem to do over and over again. Tell me how and why do we collect so much stuff? I've been in this house for almost 2 years, and I have decluttered at least 5 times, and I know I need to do it at least once more inside, and at least once more in the garage. It's like the more I get rid of the less I need to survive and the less I have the happier I am spiritually. I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but sometimes, I just want to pack the few things that I need and use all the time in the car and get rid of everything else. Seriously, we all use the same chair or couch and the same 6 dishes, and I feel like I am cleaning all the time because I have so much stuff.

So, I'm going to go finish painting that wall, and then do some purging in the garage. And I'll catch up tomorrow when I have hopefully done some sewing and have something that you want to hear and read about.....until then, happy sewing!!!!


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment