Wednesday, January 24, 2018

What have you been up to?

As you know, i've been super busy working on some super secret sewing for a week long retreat in Bakersfield at the end of February....as a result, I've been busy sewing almost every night trying to finish it up. As many of you know, I love audio books and tv shows as background noise when I sew...needless to say, I've been binging.....

Watching - Colony on Netflix. SO GOOD! Do not start watching it! It's obsessive.

Craving - brownies. Josh has made brownies almost every night the last week or so, and I don't know what he puts in them, but oh my, they are awesome.

Doing - lots of sewing. Lots and lots of sewing.

Obsessing - over Emily Ley's new book, Simplified Life. I've tried to work on something every day, from cleaning out the closets to organizing the pantry. 

Loving - all of the Quiltville Mystery quilts "On Ringo Lake" that are getting finished. They are so pretty!

Reading - Grace not Perfection by Emily Ley (her first book) and The Total Money Makeover (yes, I read it every January to remind myself why I budget and what my goals are)

Wanting - a vacation -- preferably somewhere with a large body of water and a hammock. and an umbrella drink or 3.

Pinning - lots of recipes for my new instapot. I have yet to use it, but soon I will get up the nerve.

Dreaming - of painting the living room -- I wonder if I can convince the landlord to let me......

Writing - not much. I always have good intentions, but it's always crazy.

Crafting - does decorating count? because I have been doing lots of decorating....hanging curtains, hanging quilts, hanging pictures, hanging signs, etc.

Sewing - a super secret project, and not much else. 

Knitting - not a thing....not a single stitch.

Listening - to Harry Potter on Audible, and Pennies to Pearls on Youtube.

Wearing - my uniform of jeans and 3/4 sleeve t-shirts.

Needing - that vacation (see above).

Planning - my next sewing project

Trying - a couple of new recipes .... this week crock pot orange chicken and lemon pepper tilapia


No comments:

Post a Comment