If you have been reading this long for any amount of time, you know I choose a word of the year to help me with all of my various goals....a word that sums up my plans for the year. For 2017, I have chosen discipline as my word. Yeah, it's a tough word. A word that strikes a bit of fear to be honest. It's going to be a year of getting a lot of things done, of getting really organized (not somewhat organized), a year of new projects, and finishing existing projects. A year that is bound t one full of changes. I have a long list of things I want to do, and a list of projects that have floundered for one reason or another, and need to get completed.
1. Update my WIPs list -- the last time I actually updated it was 11/26/15 (Thanksgiving weekend, almost 15 months ago).
2. Create a plan to manage my WIPs for 2017. Seriously, I want to be down to under 5 by the end of 2017. Last I updated the file, I had 43 on the list. And I know there at least 4 to add that I am currently working on. Needless to say, it's going to be a big year of finishes.
3. Host a couple of finishathons throughout the year.
4. Reorganize my sewing room after the move.
5. Design and make a quilt of the month for the new house. I won't have a chance to really work on this one until later in the year, so it will overflow into next year. I've sorted out a couple of high level designs, but nothing concrete.
So, I have big plans, that are going to require serious discipline to get them all done...wish me luck.