Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Stuff in the Shop

I can't believe it is October...the summer has flown by, everyone is back in school, and Christmas is less that 100 days away. I simply can't believe how quickly this year has flown!!!

In a year of flying times....I wanted to introduce you to a few new patterns, some of which were previewed at Market in May, bust are just now getting to the shop shelves.

Osprey's Nest
I love this quilt. As usual, a picture never does it justice....it is simply breathtaking in person. And so far, I haven't seen any wild version of it, but I have one in my own vision -- black and white log cabins, with lime green, bright yellow and violet "parrots" instead of geese.......




Followed by the newest in the Wedding Ring Series --- Princess Tiara --- This uses the Wedding Ring Ruler set to cut the asteroids, and a lovely pieced "crown" in the arcs. I NEED this one for the business, don't you think??? I really like the blue version on the pattern cover sheet, so perhaps I will stick with Judy's color way on this one.....scary right???

And here is another from the Wedding Ring series, this one is super modern, with minimal paper piecing (in the sawtooth melons) -- it is done using the ruler templates....and is lovely. It is called Art Deco.


And finally -- Compass Rose......a tablerunner pattern, with enough papers to be a bed runner (there are enough papers for 8 compass blocks). I finished my sample of this one a few weeks ago, and quickly sent it off to Quilt in a Day in San Marcos, CA, where I will be teaching in on Sunday, October 20th. If you are interested in taking the class, call the shop and reserve a spot, as there are only 12 spots total for the class. 





Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment