Monday, June 10, 2013

Back from The Missing

So, I've been a little crazy lately. Life has been very busy...through tax season, show season, and election season at work. Now that those have all calmed simultaneously, I can get back to sewing!!! And so I did.....


I FINISHED MY GLACIER STAR!!!!!!!


Can I make that a bigger announcement -- probably, but I can't seem to adjust the font size!!!! I have actually been working on this one a long time in my book -- not working on it a lot, but over a long time (at least for me).....I have never been so happy to sew the last Y seam and get it off the cutting table. The quilt isn't hard, it isn't demanding, it was just so not me. I never imagined that I would struggle so much with the colors. This sample will eventually become my Mom's, so it is the colors of her house. And boy did I struggle with it. For me it just all looked brown, brown and more brown. It's not really that brown. It's gold, and orange, and lots of green, and a little plum, and brown. But for me, it was all just brown. And that is when I learned my lesson -- it is much easier to make a quilt whose colors you like and that works for you, than one that is not destined to be yours. End of Story.....

Well, maybe not the End End -- because in my rush to get it out of my sight, I forgot to take a good picture of it. I have an Iphone pic, and an Instagram one, and even an iPad one, but none on either of the real cameras, and since I am writing this on the real computer (which happens to not be an apple product), all of my devices and pictures are stuck in the netherworld of space.....

So, if you would like to see it, it is in my photos on my personal facebook page -- catherine wilson -- or find my at catwilsonca@yahoo.com, since there are bound to be 5 gajillion of me on facebook.

In the meantime, once I figure out how to download these pics to my actual computer, I most certainly will.....


Happy Quilting !!!


Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment