Sunday, September 25, 2011

Northridge Quilt Show

So, 2 posts in one day...crazy, huh?

So, we went to the Orange County Quilters Show in Fullerton. These are the same ladies who brought us Camp Watch-A-Patcher, where I first met Judy Niemeyer, almost 2 years ago. Since Judy was just at Camp Watch-A-Patcher in 2010 there were a number of great examples of her patterns at the show, and that always makes it fun when I get to see new versions of quilts that I am working on.

Needless to say, it was a great show, with some absolutely fabulous quilts, and amazing ladies. But by far one of the best parts about the show is the proximity to home, and the opportunity to sleep in your own bed for the night.

 This one is Tropical Rainbow (Pattern by Judy Niemeyer), completed by the artist in residence for the show. I love the way she color washed the border on this one. And don't forget to check out the quilting, it was fantastic.
 The following two are a diamond wedding ring (again pattern is by Judy Niemeyer). This might be my all time favorite Judy pattern. It has all of the techniques (templates, rolling borders, curved piecing, applique, etc). This one was very Christmassy (is that a word?). I want mine in spring brights with a turquoise/green/blue/purple border......so pretty. Best of all was the custom feather quilting that was done on this quilt. I wish I could have gotten a good picture, but the lighting in the venue wasn't ideal for close ups, I did get one that was decent, which I added below for your review. Seriously, the quilting was FANTASTIC.

Here are some pics from the show.....

No comments:

Post a Comment