Friday, May 13, 2011

Quilt Market Day 1

So, we're here in Salt Lake City -- just got back to the hotel after the first day's festivities at Quilt Market.  I had never been here before, and the city is quite pretty and very picturesque, huge majestic mountains in the distance with a thriving downtown setting. We're staying about three blocks from the Salt Palace Convention Center, which is a perfect early morning walk. Really beautiful scenery, and great weather today made for a perfect morning!

The show is quite overwhelming really. I have been to market before (a couple of years ago), but never as a vendor. In addition, I know a lot more people now than I did then. And today I got the opportunity to meet several of them. Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms (and her mom Bonnie Olaveson from Cotton Way), Allison from Cluck.Cluck.Sew, and the effervescent Jim West, who was delightful (and hilarious). Overall, a great day and really nice to catch up with people that I "know" in cyber space -- ok, the people that I stalk in cyber-space is more accurate, but you know what I mean. I'll be showcasing a couple of these in the next few weeks as new projects and fabric lines come into the store.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera, but for now, it is off to bed, in preparation for a busy Saturday at Market.

Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment