Saturday, June 23, 2018

Getting on Track

There are so many things going on lately, that I have been negligent in keeping up with all of the social medias -- instagram, facebook, the blog, the newsletter, they have really all been on the back burner as I dealt with a bunch of things in my personal life. Don't worry -- it's nothing traumatic, and nothing crazy, just things that have been distracting me from sewing and from posting about sewing. I keep thinking and hoping that things are going to calm down, but it just doesn't happen...as soon as one thing clears up, something else pops up and creates a new distraction. I wish that I thought that it was all going to slow down but the reality is, I don't think it will, so it's time I get on the new normal and get back to sewing regardless of what's going on....SO....

I've committed to a couple of things for the rest of the summer and into the fall to try to get myself back on track......

Starting with the Gnome Angel #100days100blocks2018 -- a walk through the Tula Pink City Sampler Book. It starts July 7th, and is essentially 1 block a day for 100 days. I don't know that I will be going after getting any prizes, but I really want to get this quilt done. It's been on the list since the book came out, and its about time that I actually did it. I started getting some things ready, and I intend to spend quite a bit of time at retreat getting lots of things ready. I started the original version of this challenge a couple of years ago, and I got through a dozen or so blocks, before I got distracted and didn't finish.

Secondly, it will be the UFO challenge -- I am literally not allowed to start anything new. Nothing. Nada. The reality is that I have way too many quilts in process, and while I did some purging last summer to get rid of projects that I didn't plan on finishing, I still have a significant number of UFOs to finish, and I really want to be a finisher.

And that is my plan for the summer - to finish a bunch of items, and get organized, but organizing never gets finished in my world.

What are your summer plans?


Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment