Wednesday, April 30, 2014

You know what they say about the best laid plans.....

Well, the plans for the day have been completely changed. I was planning on sewing most of the day in preparation for this weekend's festivities at Cotton and Chocolate in Thousand Oaks. Instead, I am at the dealership with the car, which has decided to act a little funny. Since I will be driving close to 600 miles later in the week, I decided to bring it in, just in case. Better safe than sorry is my view when it comes to cars. Needless to say, I have no idea how long I will be here, so we'll have to see how the day goes.

It's really nice that EVERYWHERE has internet. I can literally get on the internet at the dealership and get some computer work done, so that is what I am going to do. Because the computer work never ends.....I think when you start your own business you think that 90% of the work will be the piece that you love, sewing samples, teaching classes, etc. But it's the complete opposite, I spend 10% of my time doing those, and the rest doing paperwork!!!! That being said, I am still loving it, with the exception of taxes, and I am just happy that those are over for a while!!! And hopefully, my new monthly auditing of the paperwork means that it will be less painful next year.

Well, I'm off to work on the website, where I am going to add all of these new fabrics this morning. And a few others, okay a lot of others, 5 whole boxes that arrived yesterday!!!



Okay, off to work for me. 

Happy Quilting!

Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment