Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hello, My name is crazy...

So, there is not much that is crazier than moving in the middle of all of the existing craziness. Seriously, market is just a few weeks away, I am buried in class preparation activities, my new niece is due in just a few weeks (May 7th to be exact), my Mom is having surgery, and I will be moving. Needless to say, I'm tired just thinking about all of the stuff I have to do. And the lists....I love lists, but seriously, this is the list to shame all other lists.

It's actually been really good to go through everything for the move and actually downsize. I've been planning to do that for forever, but it never makes it to the top of the list. But I am determined to not move anything that I don't actually use, and don't love. Needless to say the local Salvation Army has been getting lots of good stuff. And it is really interesting to see how your tastes change over the years, as you come to know yourself, and become more confident in your own style. Seriously, I went from 30+boxes of christmas down to 3. I kept my favorites, and got rid of the rest. I even got rid of the Christmas village, as much as I love it, there is simply not enough room to put it out, and I hate to have it in the closet tucked away and never seeing the light of day, so off it headed to a good friend who has the room and I know will enjoy it from October 31st until Epiphany.

I must say it is really kind of freeing to downsize. To have just the things that you need, and know that you are actually using everything that you own.

I did manage to get a lot of things done this weekend. I taught at Cotton and Chocolate over the weekend, and we had a sew in in the evening, and I managed to get my Forever Yours tablerunner finished and sent it off to the quilter. And that leaves me with just the final components for the Osprey's Nest this week.

We got lots of new fabrics in over the past 10 days, so I'm spending the day working on getting them on the website and getting kits made for Fire Island Hosta.

And with that, I am off to get started on the list......


Have a great weekend!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment