Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday already?

Well, I'm still blogging from the ipad, since the cable man has to actually run new wire, he won't be here until tomorrow to get everything finally setup. Thank goodness! I knew I was attached to my internet, but I had no idea how little I would be able to do without it.

I've managed to finish getting the bedrooms put away and organized, and the only thing that really remains from the move is the kitchen....the new kitchen is about 20% smaller, so finding space for some things is a bit interesting. There is literally not a cabinet big enough for the kitchen aid. So I suspect a trip to ikea May be in order to aquire some type of a storage cabinet for a "pantry". Like I need a reason to go there.....

On the sewing front, I haven't really had much sewing time, due to the errands, orders, and miscellaneous stockings going on (Costco, Target, Walmart, grocery, etc), and catching up with friends. It's been a bit grand central, which I am sure will subside in a few weeks. In the few minutes that I have had, I started working on the stash reduction....I decided to start from the front and go through the WIP boxes as I came to them, I considered a number of options for ranking and prioritizing, but in the end, I decided to just dig in.

Conveniently, my first box was full of Sunshine be April Cornell for Moda. I knew exactly who would receive the quilt, but no real plan. I separated the fabrics, and realized that a bunch of blocks had been sewn already, so I sashed them, and picked some border fabric, and prepped it. And then I used the jelly rolls to make segments for the back. It still needs 2 or 3 more borders to get to 110" square, but there is plenty of fabric in the box. 



I have work sewing to complete tomorrow after the internet man leaves, and some website work to do, so I likely won't work on this one again until Friday, but it's not far from a finish, so hopefully it will get off to the quilter by Next Monday.

What are you working on this week?

Happy Quilting!

Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment