Thursday, September 6, 2018

Finish, Finish, Finish

It's been a busy couple weeks, I have been focusing on getting a bunch of things done in preparation for the new schedule. I've been making steady progress on the garage cleanout; finding some amazing finds, and getting frustrated with how much junk I've saved for forever. Thank goodness, I am just about done with the garage. I have just 1 cabinet remaining to go through and the garage will be complete. Yippee!

I've been doing the Rachel Cruze Minimalist Challenge (#rcminimalistchallenge) that started on September 1st. Basically, you throw out 1 item on the 1st, 2 items on the 2nd, 3 items on the 3rd, etc, etc, etc. I am up through day 26 at the moment. It seems to be one of those things that you get started on, and can't stop. Regardless, it's nice to see things getting resolved and taken care of throughout the house.

I have also been working on UFOs. I sorted through all of them and decided which ones were important to me and which ones weren't, and let some go to the guild for finishing by someone else. And the rest I got a really good handle on status and put them in priority order. And now, I'm getting to work on them. Starting with this one...

It's Winter Wonderland Tablerunner, with an alternate edge treatment. Basically, the colored HSTs on the edges are supposed to be made from the background, but I am participating in the stash buster's with the She Shed Shenanigans group. Basically, it's any Judy pattern but you have to build it from your stash. And let's face it we all have plenty of stash available if we look!!! SO, if you look closely, I used 2 greens, and 4 reds in the stars themselves, and a different green and red for the border triangles, bringing the total number of fabrics to 10 in a table runner. Now, I just need to make a backing and this on is ready for quilting. 





Next up, I worked on my Vintage Compass. It just needed the borders sewn together and it was ready to go. It didn't take long (about 2 hours total) to finish it up. But I did remember why I put it away. I bought 3 3/4  yards worth of the gradient fabric to be the background of this quilt (the pattern calls for 1.5 yards). Basically, the gradient didn't have enough of the inner border values available, so I needed to decide how to make the inner corners. I ended up going with the lighter value. Overall it looks great and I am pretty happy with it, but I of course would rather it be the medium (which I don't have).....


The picture is a bit deceiving, the entire gradient is a light turquoise to black/teal, not quite so navy blue.

I also got a few minutes to work on some units for On Ringo Lake. I originally only made a small number of these units as I wanted to see what it looked like before I made a bazillion units. I really like the pattern, so now I needed to go back and remake 200 more units (I originally made 50). I managed to make 50 more today (for a total of 100). 


And now, I'm off to work on a few more items for the week. Got to get to that to do list!

Have you had a chance to sew this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment