Friday, August 10, 2018

Stash Management Update

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I posted about my stash management dilemma. I have SO MUCH FABRIC!!! Really, it is ridiculous how much fabric I have. Now that I have cleaned out the garage and gotten everything all in one place, I can really see what I have, and it is depressing!!! and inspiring!! I can see so many quilt plans in there.

Last time we chatted, I was going to analyze how much fabric I have and develop a plan for how I was going to organize it. I did my comic book test, and calculated that I need 180 hours to wrap all of my fabric!!! Ouch!!! That is a ton of time! But I really want a really cute stash like so many that I see out there.....






Right now, mine are in tubs -- 12 - 55 gallon tubs to be exact. They are sort of organized.....moderns are together, novelties are together, and batiks are together, along with a tub of christmas, and a tub of baby....and the remaining tubs are all mixed batiks.....lots and lots of mixed tubs. But I am determined to get it all organized.

In the meantime, I have gotten some sewing done, and used quite a bit of fabric in the last week or so. 

Paddlewheel Sample : 4.5 yards for front, 2.5 yards for back : 7 yards total used this week.

I also got a couple of things mapped out for projects.....Moroccan Courtyard, Licorice Rope, and Lakeshore Sunrise have all had their fabrics picked and ready for fabric prep/cutting. 

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten as much sewing done this week as I had planned due to the atrocious temps outside. It's been hovering around 100 degrees for the past two weeks,  and with a sewing room that takes advantage of the bright natural light on the back side of the house, it's a sauna in the sewing room. I have managed to sew for a couple of hours as long as I get in there in the early AM or late at night I am good, but mid-day until 8pm is a no go, or a sweat fest. So, it has limited the amount of sewing that I have gotten done the last few weeks, not to mention the $$$ of the electric bill. Hopefully, a cooling trend is on the way and it should be more bearable soon.

So, current stash management status : 

Previous status :
Used : 0 yards
Aquired : 0 yards

This week:
Used : 7 yards
Aquired : 0 yards
Total : -7 yards

How's your stash management??? How do you store your fabrics???? I am always looking for ideas on the best way to store and sort fabrics to improve my efficiency in building projects.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment